In the middle of the Offenhausen stud farm, directly at the source of the Lauter, stands the Gothic church of the former Dominican convent “Maria Gnadenzell”, built in the 14th century.
The monastery was understood by its founders and the entire neighboring nobility as a supply institution for the unmarried female relatives.
The life of the nuns consisted of silence, prayer and atonement for the souls. In 1534, as a result of the Reformation, the monastery was converted into a large-scale agricultural enterprise with the aim of breeding horses, mules and silkworms. In the church, which was used as an agricultural warehouse for more than 170 years, a two-storey museum has been set up.