Wiblingen Monastery with library hall
Wiblingen Monastery is a former Benedictine abbey that was founded in 1093 and existed until secularization in 1806. After that, parts of the monastery complex were initially used as a castle and barracks, today it houses departments of the University Hospital Ulm.
The monastery is located in the triangle between the Iller and the Danube south of Ulm in Baden-Württemberg. The town of Wiblingen is now a district of Ulm and is located on the Upper Swabian Baroque Route, on the Main-Donau-Bodensee-Weg, but also on the Iller Cycle Route.