Mobile guest directory



Bad Schussenried Monastery with library hall

The Premonstratensian monastery of Schussenried, founded in 1183, is located in the baroque landscape of Upper Swabia. After large parts of the monastery burned down in the Thirty Years’ War, master builder Jakob Emele under Abbot Magnus Kleber rebuilt the building complex from the middle of the 18th century.

The main sights of the former monastery include the magnificently carved baroque choir stalls of the parish church of St. Magnus and the light-flooded rococo library hall.